So what important stuff happens over at Atlantic Street Pet Emergency Center? I’d like to think it’s me…Twilight Sparkle, AKA, the hospital cat, blood donor and blog writer!
I was brought into Atlantic Street as a wee kitten with a severely damaged tail by a Good Samaritan. The amazing staff over here nursed me back to health and although I did need my tail amputated, I think looking like a wild Bobcat adds some serious character! Plus, it attracts all the belly rubs. Well, enough about me and more about that important pet emergency stuff that helps to keep all of yours and me safe!
According to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, a staggering 53% of dogs in the United States are considered to be overweight. Overfeeding, coupled with age and various medical ailments all contribute to this astronomical statistic.read more
Should Your Child be present for Euthanasia of a Pet? Dr. Sarah Whitley shares her thoughts and guidance on this difficult question for what can be an unavoidable topic.read more
It’s hard to believe that it’s already springtime! Eggs aren’t the only thing rabbits are good at hiding – they’re also quite adept at hiding a serious illness called GI stasis. GI stasis is an ailment where food isn’t moving properly through the gastrointestinal tract and is known as the silent killer.read more
Take a tour with Miles, as he takes a journey through the Pet Emergency Center and gives us a glimpse as to what a dog sees when visiting our emergency hospital.read more
With all of the rain and the cold weather lately, keeping up with flea prevention for your pets may be the last thing on your mind. Using year-round flea control is definitely in your pet’s best interest, but did you know that some types can be life threatening to them?read more
We’ve all heard the phrase “when it rains, it pours.” Well, now that the rainy season is upon us, that couldn’t be a truer statement if you discover that your pet has ingested a mushroom. Essentially, 99% of Mushrooms are harmless, but that 1% can prove to be quite deadly if left untreated.read more
Pancreatitis is an ailment where the pancreas (an organ which aides in the digestion and absorption of key nutrients from food) becomes inflamed. Symptoms of pancreatitis can range from mild to severe.read more
At Pet Emergency Center, we touch the lives of pets and sometimes they touch ours. Sam was brought to us due to unfortunate circumstances and his bright coat and personality immediately brought a smile to our faces.read more
One of the easiest ways to help ensure a safe return home, should your fur baby decide to take a journey without you, is getting them micro chipped. Micro chipping your pet is an effortless procedure akin to getting a routine vaccine.read more
As beneficial as water is, when pets drink from a contaminated water supply, it can have some very dire consequences with Leptospirosis being one of them. Leptospirosis is a disease caused by a bacteria called Leptospira, and it’s mainly found in polluted water.read more