We’ve all heard the phrase “when it rains, it pours.” Well, now that the rainy season is upon us, that couldn’t be a truer statement if you discover that your pet has ingested a mushroom. Essentially, 99% of Mushrooms are harmless, but that 1% can prove to be quite deadly if left untreated.Read More
Pancreatitis is an ailment where the pancreas (an organ which aides in the digestion and absorption of key nutrients from food) becomes inflamed. Symptoms of pancreatitis can range from mild to severe.Read More
As beneficial as water is, when pets drink from a contaminated water supply, it can have some very dire consequences with Leptospirosis being one of them. Leptospirosis is a disease caused by a bacteria called Leptospira, and it’s mainly found in polluted water.Read More
Little Laila, a teacup Chihuahua, was brought into Pet Emergency Center with a known metallic foreign body in her stomach. Laila needed to be hospitalized to receive a blood transfusion, stabilization, and an endoscopy with Sacramento Area Internal Medicine specialist Dr. Spann.Read More
Halloween brings out the spooky ghosts, zombies, and vampires, but one my favorite things, and surly not yours, are rodents such as rats and mice. They may be trying to stay warm and safe in your home, barn or shed – possibly making things into, well, a ‘rats nest’!
If you are a pet owner, this can be a tricky scenario to get rid of, and that is because so many unintended animals get a hold of rodenticides.Read More
While there’s no denying that flowers of all sorts brighten up any room that they’re in, if you own pets, certain varieties of flowers can cast some pretty dark shadows on their health.
With Easter this weekend, many houses are filled with the fragrant and iconic Easter Lily.Read More