Pet Toxins

With Rain Brings…Germs.

With Rain Brings…Germs.

While cats clearly don’t fall into this category (not sane ones anyways), many dogs and owners alike do seem to revel in going for walks on rainy days. While this activity can be super beneficial for a stir crazy pet, a bit of caution should be utilized when it comes to allowing your pets to drink out of puddles and rain runoff. Even seemingly clear, fresh flowing rainfall can be a proverbial cesspool microscopically, harboring many germs and toxins that could make your pet incredibly ill.

Read More

GI Stasis

GI Stasis

It’s hard to believe that it’s already springtime! Eggs aren’t the only thing rabbits are good at hiding – they’re also quite adept at hiding a serious illness called GI stasis. GI stasis is an ailment where food isn’t moving properly through the gastrointestinal tract and is known as the silent killer.

Read More

Can flea control be toxic?

Can flea control be toxic?

With all of the rain and the cold weather lately, keeping up with flea prevention for your pets may be the last thing on your mind. Using year-round flea control is definitely in your pet’s best interest, but did you know that some types can be life threatening to them?

Read More

Mushroom Toxicity

Mushroom Toxicity

We’ve all heard the phrase “when it rains, it pours.” Well, now that the rainy season is upon us, that couldn’t be a truer statement if you discover that your pet has ingested a mushroom. Essentially, 99% of Mushrooms are harmless, but that 1% can prove to be quite deadly if left untreated.

Read More

Pancreatitis.

Pancreatitis.

Pancreatitis is an ailment where the pancreas (an organ which aides in the digestion and absorption of key nutrients from food) becomes inflamed. Symptoms of pancreatitis can range from mild to severe.

Read More

Leptospirosis disease

Leptospirosis disease

As beneficial as water is, when pets drink from a contaminated water supply, it can have some very dire consequences with Leptospirosis being one of them. Leptospirosis is a disease caused by a bacteria called Leptospira, and it’s mainly found in polluted water.

Read More